For Home Buyers
Why Should I Use A Real Estate Agent?
The advantages of working with an agent when buying a property include:
• Access to Multiple Listing Service, in which every property that is listed with a Real Estate Company can be
pulled up and reviewed.
• Having a professional that is trained in negotiations, to help strengthen your position in the transaction.
• Agents experience in knowing the market trends and understanding the investment potentials.
• Referrals to other professionals, such as lenders, appraisers, inspectors, contractors, and insurers to name a few.
• Legwork including preview areas and properties to save you from spending hours looking at properties you wouldn't even consider buying.
• In-house or pocket listings not yet on the market.
• Using the resources of the agent such as their car, fax, phone or e-mail saving you spending your own money.
• The ability to access homes at your convenience, that you normally wouldn't be able to view with out the approval of the owner or agent.
• Agents will order up all title work and set up closings along with completion of all paper work needed to complete the transaction.
• Best of all the commission is usually paid by the seller, so there is no cost to you!
If you do not use an agent, you typically will not reduce the commission or the selling price. The commission amount has already been set between the seller and their listing agent. The listing agent is not obliged to reduce their commission, just because you don't have an agent.
Generally, the commission is a percentage of the selling price (5% to 7% depending on the agent) paid to that agent representing the seller. The agent representing the seller (also known as the "listing" agent) may split the commission (known as the "cooperate") with an agent representing the buyer (known as the "selling" agent).
Agents have a duty to be fair, honest, deal in good faith, and disclose material facts to both the buyer and seller. However they have an added duty of utmost care, integrity, honesty, and loyalty in dealings with either the buyer, seller or to both.
If you are buying a home in the Brookyn, Iowa or Poweshiek County Iowa area, Contact EXIT HULS REALTY for KNOWLEDGEABLE information about the properties we have listed for sale!